Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hello Colorado!

This morning Wayne and I took a drive to Pikes Peak.  It was amazing!  The weather was 60 degrees when we left Colorado Springs and 36 when we reached the summit.  The road is paved the whole way to the top now.  There were a few people up there, but not too many.  
The views were great.  Ziva was a big hit with the people up there.  We even saw the Manitou Springs and Pikes Peak cog railway at the top.  The wind wasn't blowing and it was a delightful up there.  I was a little white knuckled on the drive up (I am not crazy about heights -- guardrails are my friends), but the trip back down wasn't too bad.  
Tomorrow we head to Estes Park and start our summer adventure.  I will keep you updated and post pictures.  Cell phone coverage will only be available if we drive into town, so email will be the best way to keep in touch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment