Thursday, April 26, 2012

My First Hike Up the Mountain

Yesterday I decided to take my first hike on one of the hiking trails at Jellystone Park.  This trail feeds into a Forest Service road and climbs up the mountainside.  I didn't go up that far, still adjusting to the altitude.  The views were awesome!  I will keep attempting to climb all the way to the top of the mountain.  Here's a picture of the view where I turned around.
I found a local yarn store in Estes Park and went there yesterday afternoon to check it out.  They have lots of interesting things and will be having classes, but I imagine our summer will be busy enough up here that I won't have time to go play.

There is a lake in downtown Estes Park (called Lake Estes) that I will have to get pictures of to send.  There's a four-mile walking/bike path around the lake and fishermen everywhere.  We're about 5-1/2 miles outside of Estes Park on Highway 36.  Lots of elk, rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, and soon campers!

No comments:

Post a Comment